Friday, March 18, 2005

Spring is in the air

Life it's a candy
With a red hot chilly pepper
Filling inside
- Nenad Jankovic (The No Smoking Orchestra)

Spring is in the air. I'd say you can see it, feel it inside you. My balcony is full of fresias, and the fields next to the street where I live are green, with yellow spots of mimosa, corn sorrell and wood marigold.

Since Mother Nature favoured me by not subjecting me to hay fever, I'm happily welcoming spring.

This morning, while driving very slowly to work, I saw little flowers in the centre strip at Hal Balzan, frightened to their death by the speeding vehicles. Somehow I recalled good old Edward's forecast of a new spring. I'm afraid that is already over, or maybe it has stopped somewhere for refuelling.

I say, it's been some time since we heard this metaphor.

1 Comments:

At 10:38 pm, Blogger noel tanti said...

hehe... qed tfakkarni f'dak li kien qal joyce dwar ruma : 'Rome reminds me of a man who lives by exhibiting to travellers his grandmother's corpse.'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home